help w,eagle cuda-168

mudrat

Recruit
I have a eagle cuda-168 fish finder that I cant seem to get to work right. Sitting in my yard it will say the water is 47 feet deep. I was on the lake yesterday trying to get all the setting right so it would work right but didnt get it Can someone please help?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: help w,eagle cuda-168

In your driveway there is no water so whatever the locator says will be wrong. The transducer needs to be in the water. What readings do you get in the water. A Cuda doesn't have very much adjustability so sensitivity is about all there is. Set if for about 75%. Then go to a spot where you know how deep the water is and see what you get. You do have the transducer positioned correctly don't you? If this is a "skimmer" transducer, the tapered (pointed) end points forward. The Oval shaped end points rearward -- not down. If you can't figure out the settings from the manual you have a bad unit or a bad installation. If you don't have instructions, download them from the web site.

mudrat

Recruit

Thanks for the reply. From what u r saying the transducer is positioned right. It is located in the bottom right hand corner about 2 or 3 inches from the bottom of the boat. Next time am out I will try it in the lake at 75% setting. When u turn off the sonar simulator and try and set it it has lines going from top to bottom but doesnt show anything. Like fish ,bottom etc.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Welcome to the board.

Is the transducer a transom mount transducer?
If it is then one half of the transducer should be below the hull.
If it is 2 or 3 inches higher than the bottom it will not work.
The transducer will see nothing but air bubles even at slow speed.

Also at this point I would check the manual and set it to factory default with a factory reset.

To start with leave it in automatic mode but as silver said adjust sensitivy to around 70 to 80 percent. Do this in 20 to 40 feet of water. Adjust a little at a time.

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Support/Tips-and-Tutorials/Installation-Guide/

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Support/Tips-and-Tutorials/Transducer-Guide/