Help to choose btw Seapro Citation or Dinasty boat

Max7

Seaman
hello can somebody help me decide wich boat should I buy they both cost the same. but I would like to know wich one last longer or wich one is build stronger?
1995 Seapro Citation 19'ft cuddy cabin and the other one is a 1991 Dinasty I think is from Bayliner I'm not to sure but is a 19'ft also I'm getting both at the same price but I don't know witch one is a stronger boat,please someone help ,thank for any help

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Help to choose btw Seapro Citation or Dinasty boat

bayliner run, run, run AWAY!!!!

Max7

Seaman

im not sure if the Dinasty is Bayliner

tashasdaddy

well it's time to dig in and do some real research. google dynasty boats and sea pro boats. to much to mention in the forum

Max7

Seaman

I would like to know whitch one is build stronger please help the Dinasty is 1991 and the Seapro Citation is 1995
please any body help I want to buy the better strong build google only tell's you about the confort etc

tashasdaddy

since we can't see the boat, i strongly suggest hiring a professional surveryor, to look at both boats. it's usually good money spent, especially if you're a novice. will give you peace of mind, and also a negotiating tool.

Max7

Seaman

thank everybody I apreciated your help I would be glad to hear any other sugestion

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Max7 said:
thank everybody I apreciated your help I would be glad to hear any other sugestion

DO a google such for "The Hull Truth" i think you will find all the answer's you need over there.

silveraire

Petty Officer 1st Class

if he goes to the hull truth, he will get all votes for the sea pro and a bunch of bayliner bashing.

Max7

Seaman

Silveaire so the Sea Pro is Build Stronger than Dinasty?

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

It's a well respected name in a tough crowd (THT) Sea Pro that is....

silveraire

Petty Officer 1st Class

seaman, sea pro has a fairly well respected name in boating. Bayliner, on the other hand, has a spoted past. That does not have any relavance though, because I did some checking, and dynasty is not afiliated with bayliner. They are, or were a small independant company from vermont that was bought out by godfrey marine somewhere around 1989. I can't seem to find out much about the now defunct dinasty boat company.

your best bet is to use your judgement. look over both boats closely. How are they powered? How were they maintained? How many hours on them. It doesn't matter how well they were built if the better built boat sat out in the weather with no cover and wasn't maintained and the other was garaged and maintained. Def. have a marine mechanic check both over before you decide. If you are really stumped, you can get a marine survey done for around 300 to 400 dollars.
You came here to ask questions, you are a smart guy, use your judgement and your head and you will do fine.

silveraire

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh, and as tail gunner said, the hull truth forum has alot of people that are brand loyal. They are a tough croud and are quit abrasive. To their credit though, they mostly know what they are talking about. you mention the names of certion boats over there, and you will get bashed. Sea Pro is not one of them.

18rabbit

Captain

Tail_Gunner said:
It's a well respected name in a tough crowd (THT) Sea Pro that is....
It used to be. You should read the two thread on THT by Teecanpimp and his problems with a brand new SeaPro and trying to get the company to fix warranty problems. Eventually the boat was being shipped back to him without being fixed, from SeaPro, by SeaPro, and the boat because road kill in transit.

They are interesting threads with interesting twists. From my perspective SeaPro does not come out of the whole mess looking good. I would not buy a new SeaPro.

But that's a new boat, and what is being asked about here is an older vessel well outside of the factory warranty, so a diff story all together.