Help selecting Jack plate

Hank426

Cadet
As I have found out (thanks to everyone on this forum), my new motor needs to be raised quite a bit to get some performance out of it. I've looked into jack plates but I need some help in selecting one for my application. I don't need anything hydrallic or electric just something to make the motor higher by at least 4".
Boat specs:
1988 Bass Tracker Guide V-16', aluminum, rivited.
2011 Mercury 30HP, efi, 4-stroke, power trim, (about 180lbs)

any suggestions for brand/model of jack plate for this setup? thanks

Pics 021x.jpg 025x.jpg

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help selecting Jack plate

On most shorter boats you need to be careful with setback. On some shorter boats any setback can cause handling issues. When we run into this we usually use the Bob's 4-n-1 convertable manual plate. It can be set to about a 3" offset or a 6" offset. Lots of options, very good quality.

Hank426

Cadet

Dhadley, I checked out the bob's 4-n-1 but couldn't find how much vertical lift it can do. I need at least 4" up, will this plate do it?
Thanks

kfa4303

Banned

If you choose not to got with a Bob plate, you could always make one yourself using a bit of aluminum angle and SS hardware. Do a search here in the forums for all sorts of designs.

Mi duckdown

Commander

You really need to your homework on this. make sure all your steering/control cables are long enough for any set back.
Your motor deffently needs to be raised. Of coarse you know that.