Help on regal 320 commodore

ninjapirate

Cadet
Hi im looking to buy a regal 320 approx 1990, i live in england and there is only 1 on the market, so im considering importing from states, but any how i need any info on this model, stats, opinions and owners comments. any info is greatly needed as i know nexy to nothing on these cruisers, thanx and hope to hear from u lot soon. :confused: :confused:

swist

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Help on regal 320 commodore

Assuming it's a twin-engine gasoline powered boat, aren't you worried about the cost of fuel given it's 3x more than here.<br /><br />It's pretty hard to avoid gas-guzzling over 25-30 ft no matter how it's powered or how you use it. (Unless of course you use it as a cocktail barge at the dock - don't worry there are plenty of people on this side of the pond that do that......)

ninjapirate

Cadet

dont know if my last reply sent so here i go again!! i currently run a 4.3 v6 gas (single) and gas is approx $2 per liter here, the plan will be to convert to lpg this season then fit diesel engines next season as govment dont tax that for marine use yet. there is a big hole in the uk market for 30ft - 40ft cruisers for under £65k and mines (23ft fairline) worth £20k so thats a big jump. That makes importing one from states a cheaper option, so any opinions on regals would be useful, lookin for a 320 approx 1990 model

ninjapirate

Cadet

yep just like those! i dont think i will have a prob finding one over your side of the pond! if any one has owned one of these i would like to know how they perform in rough sea, and any other comments, cheers for the useful links, muchly apriciated!! buy yourself a beer on me!

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have owned a few regals over the years, including a commodore 290 and a 320. Both boats were great, the 290 was a little light in the bow when running fast in semi-calm waters, the 320 was fine.The hull design on both boats were pretty fast for that size boat. Overall I felt the quality was just as high as the sea ray I own now. Regarding the model year you are looking at, you will find that Regal had some problems around 1990 with the deck to hull joint at the transom. Some people seamed totally freaked by this, and I guess if you bought the boat new it would be a big deal. 15 years later, I think any of them that are for sale have been fixed. The fix involved removing the rub rail from the swim platform forward to where it went upwards, installing a couple of aluminum plates in engine room through bolted to the joint and reinstalling the rubrail anfter first sealing the joint. There are all kinds of threads about this on other sites that have given the 1989-1991 larger regals a bad name. Again, I loved both of my Regals, but when selling them, some people were freaked out about the "hull problems".

ninjapirate

Cadet

hi, and thanx for the reply,<br /> basicly i have two choices with my budget, import a regal and convert it to lpg then diesel, or buy a smaller 30ft princess riviera, which will be in the uk and already diesel, but it is smaller and older, so realy i need to know if regal builds boats to a similar standard to princess or my fairline.