Help on packing!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Okay, I'm headed to my Ohio River trip this week and I don't have a clue what to bring as far as clothing. I'm checking the forecast and it looks a bit chilly with some chances of rain over the weekend(I guess the bikini is out). Guys, help me out and ask your wives, girlfriends, mothers,etc. What do I bring? If it were up to me I'll be bringing way too much! I hope you have some advice for me. I am so sooo excited!!! Oh My Goodness!!<br />Barging Bassy :D :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help on packing!

Medium weight warm jacket, couple sets of wind pants/jogging suits, shorts, pants, skivvies, rain jacket? 3 pairs of shoes- rain-casual-and 4"steel stilet...never mind, make that 2 pairs of shoes.<br />A light pair of gloves if you sre one to drink your morning coffee on the patio.<br /><br />If you were going to Wisconsin I would suggest....<br />Sorel snow pak boots, long johns, insulated bibs, down ski parka, fur hat. :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Looks like highs in the mid to high 70's next week. Thursday night, Friday and Friday night just a chance of rain....say around 30%. Nights will be in the low 50's to high 40's. This forcast was from the NWS outta' Pittsburgh for the area your going to...should be close.<br /><br />Gets cool quick when the sun goes down so warm cloths will feel good in the evenings. <br /><br />We went over to our local marina last night for the annual end of season boat burning/party. Beautiful night....full moon. But cool. Remember I'm a little further north than where your launching from.<br /><br />Hope the venture is a fun time for ya'. If you fish, the smallies are up and hitting and the hybirds are coming in also.....lottsa' shad.<br /><br />Maybe SBN can add also since he's down around that area.<br /><br />Have a great time Bassy!!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> Medium weight warm jacket, couple sets of wind pants/jogging suits, shorts, pants, skivvies, rain jacket? 3 pairs of shoes- rain-casual-and 4"steel stilet...never mind, make that 2 pairs of shoes.<br />A light pair of gloves if you sre one to drink your morning coffee on the patio.<br /><br />If you were going to Wisconsin I would suggest....<br />Sorel snow pak boots, long johns, insulated bibs, down ski parka, fur hat. :)
Roscoe, you pack like I pack. Practical. Sounds good to me. Yep, no heels for this lady. Gloves were something I didn't think of. Good idea!<br />Bassy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> Looks like highs in the mid to high 70's next week. Thursday night, Friday and Friday night just a chance of rain....say around 30%. Nights will be in the low 50's to high 40's. This forcast was from the NWS outta' Pittsburgh for the area your going to...should be close.<br /><br />Gets cool quick when the sun goes down so warm cloths will feel good in the evenings. <br /><br />Hope the venture is a fun time for ya'. If you fish, the smallies are up and hitting and the hybirds are coming in also.....lottsa' shad.<br /><br />Maybe SBN can add also since he's down around that area.<br /><br />Have a great time Bassy!!
Thanks OBJ. That's what I'm planning for. I'm glad I can bring my shorts. Only pants after the sun goes down is great for me! Thanks for the well wishes for my trip. I am so ready to go its not even funny!<br />Bassy :D

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

I bring one bag if possibly. Have my extra girl things in. Something comfy to sleep in.. I also bring extra money to buy clothes that I need there, just incase. It's not fun having to pack abunch of things that you may not even wear.. Plus if you loose a bag. That is not fun...

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Here ya go Bassy. This will be good till next Tuesday.<br />___________________________________________<br />Tonight<br />Oct 16 Clouds Early / Clearing Late <br /> N/A/41° 10% <br /> <br /><br />Mon<br />Oct 17 Mostly Sunny <br /> 71°/51° 20% <br /> 71°F<br /><br />Tue<br />Oct 18 Sunny <br /> 75°/47° 10% <br /> 75°F<br /> <br />Wed<br />Oct 19 Mostly Sunny <br /> 83°/53° 20% <br /> 83°F<br /> <br />Thu<br />Oct 20 Partly Cloudy <br /> 79°/56° 20% <br /> <br />Friday 21<br />Isolated T-Storms <br />High 80°F<br />Low 57°F <br /><br />Precip. 30 % <br /><br />Saturday 22 <br />Mostly Cloudy <br />High 73°F<br />Low 49°F <br /><br />Precip. 20 % <br /><br />Sunday 23 <br />Mostly Sunny <br />High 69°F<br />Low 44°F <br /><br />Precip. 0 % <br /><br />Monday 24 <br />Partly Cloudy <br />High 68°F<br />Low 48°F <br /><br />Precip. 0 % <br /><br />Tuesday 25 <br />Sunny <br />High 66°F<br />Low 46°F <br /><br />Precip. 10 %

LadyFish

Admiral

Bassy, I'm really happy for you. I know how much you've been looking forward to this trip. You deserve it.<br /><br />Don't forget the life jacket, sun glasses and baseball cap or hat. Oh yeah and the bug spray.
38.gif

fireman57

Captain

Spinner has it. My wife prefers a hooded sweatshirt this time of year. The breeze in the morning and evening still has a bite to it. She can unzip her sweatshirt as it gets warmer and then lose it all together as she basks in her flannel shirt. Yes, like most women they have to have long sleeves during the day when the men are down to shirt sleeves. I guess it has something to do wit fall. The leaves should start turning a little this week for extra scenery on the trip. Let us know your locations each day so we can track your movements for national security reasons. Hope you have a great cruise.