Help !! New VRO is 4 wire

ehaskins

Cadet
I had to fight to get new VRO and figured they would send 3 wire(whats on it now) The new one arrived today @ 5:30pm. Its 4 wire and didnt come with male side, all shops are closed can I still install this and where do I hook purple wire on 1990 Evinrude 200<br /><br />Eric Haskins

ob

Admiral
Re: Help !! New VRO is 4 wire

do you know what alarm features you presently have?On my motor which is 4 wire the purple hooks to the ignition circuit

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

The correct VRO pump kit includes the wire and connector, along with directions, pulse limiter fitting, hoses, etc. If your parts person only ordered a pump, he (or she) did you a diservice.<br /><br />What is your model number?

ehaskins

Cadet

Dealership ordered pump it did come with pulse limiter. I bought this boat used on Aug 6th and hasnt run right since I bought it. Dealership has nice AS IS on page 2 of Bill of sale. So I had to drive 171 miles to dealership and make a scene to get Pump it arrived today via UPS in new OMC box. So I am lucky to get pump Florida doesnt back consumer's on used items even though I paid 8000.00 for the boat :( I love the boat dont get me wrong just want it to run right <br /><br />Thanks all<br />Eric

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

If that VRO came new in the box it will give you guidelines as to where to connect the new purple wire,but you will have to unbolt the powerpack and lift it up in order to acsess the terminal board it screws into.You will see a nice color coded and numbered strip of info just behind the flywheel at the top of your engine to steer you in the right direction.