help need new tilt motor info

ducatijoe

Cadet
i have a 1990 force 120 and need a new tilt motor. mechanic said the magnets are screwed. does anyone know if its a 3wire or 2wire or does it matter and it bolts to side of engine (3) bolts. also i believe i have two relays inside engine and a trim switch on center console thank you

RRitt

Captain
Re: help need new tilt motor info

Your motor may or may not be fixable for relatively cheap. It depends upon exactly how much "your magnets are screwed". Unglued magnets can be glued back into place after the frame is blasted, etched, dipped, and re-treated. Such a rebuild is under $100. If the magnets are broken then you should be able to find a new replacement here on Iboats in the $240 range.

Your other consideration is bleed down. The motor and valve body usually fail within a year or two of each other. If you have not already had your valve body rebuilt/replaced then you may want to consider doing the entire pump assembly. It will run you more money at around $250-$300 but it should make your 1990 trim system run fine for another 5-10 years.