Help me understand the Hyd motor power tilt, on my JOHNSON .............. motor

divco13

Seaman
Need to understand the working of the hydraulic lift system.

The center is the lift cylinder, for the trim of the motor.

What is the two rods on either side of the lift cyl ?

Are they dampeners to control bounce of the motor ?

Are those two motors to the left and right of center. And explain how there function, Please

May use this for a custom application.

Thank's ahead of time !

Bob

Attachments

• photo242762.jpg
    photo242762.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0

interalian

Commander
Center is the lift (tilt) ram, used to put the motor in trailering position. The two others are trim rams that bear against the thrust of the motor whilst underway.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
The other two things you asked about are the electric motor that drives the oil pump that provides hydraulic pressure to the cylinders, and an oil resivoir

divco13

Seaman
Ok after search found that one is a motor on the right side and the left is the RESERVOIR for the system

Last edited:

divco13

Seaman
The two others are trim rams that bear against the thrust of the motor whilst underway

I see, they oil filled, And act as a shock absorbed.

Last edited:

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
The motor runs the hydraulic pump, the pump runs all 3 rams, the resovoir holds enough oil so all that can happen. The 2 shorter rams are trim rams they can adjust the angle of the motor while it is underway for optimum performance. The single cylinder in the middle is only used for tilting the motor for trailering and beaching and such ,it can lift the motor high enough to get the propeller out of the water or clear obstacles while trailering. They can act as shock absorbers but that is not there main design.

divco13

Seaman
The motor runs the hydraulic pump, the pump runs all 3 rams, the resovoir holds enough oil so all that can happen. The 2 shorter rams are trim rams they can adjust the angle of the motor while it is underway for optimum performance. The single cylinder in the middle is only used for tilting the motor for trailering and beaching and such ,it can lift the motor high enough to get the propeller out of the water or clear obstacles while trailering. They can act as shock absorbers but that is not there main design.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Scott.
That is a perfect explanation of my question

Thank you.

Bob