help me put it back together 68 100hp evinrude

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice
well <br />after years of being apart(5)it is time to start <br />reassebly it would not pump water and over heated<br />1 time, the old boat was new to me and the more throttle i gave it the slower it started to <br />go so i shut it down replaced the water pump <br />and head gaskets(i removed to check for dammage)<br />still would not pump took it apart looked and<br />looked and looked and on the pipe from the water pump to the power head i found a 1/4 or less<br />square hole i searched for a long time for a new <br />pipe and was unable to find one. when i was at<br />home depot i ran across a 1/2 in copper repair tubing just slightly over sized so i got it and <br />was able to get it up over the hole and seal it<br />(i think) <br />i am also building a wiring harness i cant see <br />a reason to spend 150 untill i know how it is going to run and if my water pipe repair is <br />going to work.<br /><br />this is where i need a little help <br />the rear exhaust housing does not want to go back on no matter what i do it is out about a 1/4 inch <br />on each side i dont see a reason why!<br /><br />2nd mine is a long shaft and the extension tube<br />above the water pump calls for 2 grommets the <br />lower one fits fine but the ubber one just kind of sit on it is this correct ? the extension tube can get a little cocked as well but not so bad <br />it will hit the shaft <br /><br />3rd if i get thes back together and running<br />how much of the engine electronics am i going to be able to replace? the wires going to them are in bad shape (the solid state stuff)i have two <br />control boxes so i am ok there<br /><br />100 hp electric shift <br />100883b<br />e03459<br /><br />any help or tips for this would realy help<br />i do have the parts manual and service <br />they just gont answer my questions<br /><br />thank you for your time

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: help me put it back together 68 100hp evinrude

First thing I'd suggest is get a manual. You can get a Clymer or Seloc right here from iboats. Just click on "Manuals" at the lower lefthand corner of this page. You can get a factory manual from:<br /> Ken Cook <br /><br />As far as parts, NAPA is a good source. For things they can't get, try:<br /><br /> Twin City Outboard <br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice

any ideas?

Skyhigh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When I had my lower unit off, I had a hard time getting it back on. Found out that the shift rod was the problem. Solved it by using fish tape {the rod elections use to fish wires though holes}.