Help me find my rectifier/regulator!

rboat99

Petty Officer 2nd Class
OK, I am trying to test my regulator/rectifier but I am having trouble identifiying it. From what I have been told I have a water cooled rectifier. I found what I think is the right part under the power pack. Directly under the power pack is a kind of rubber/gel barrieer and coming out of this are Yellow, Yellow Gray, Gray, Purple wires together and a red off by itself.<br /><br />The reason I ask, is that the post I read about testing the rectifier does not mention the gray or purple wires. Do I have the right part? Will the tests still work?

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Help me find my rectifier/regulator!

Rboat.<br /> Yes thats it,its mounted upside down so the cooling fins are in the water jacket i think the test are the same. Gray wire is for tach and purple for the newer 4 wwire vro.

ob

Admiral

Red lead is constant 12 volt source ,purple lead is keyed 12 volt source,gray is tach lead,two yellows are input voltage from stator.Many of the newer revised reg/rec don't have the purple lead any longer ,since the unit has a constant 12 v source anyway.They were revised internally.

rboat99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK great, I went ahead and tested it and it looks like it is bad.<br /><br />Thanks guys.