Help installing Blue Sea single battery switch

cptnmcluvin

Seaman
Help needed!

I'm a novice with very little electrical experience. My dad gave me a Blue Sea single battery switch to add to my Glastron GT 205. The switch should prevent the battery from draining if an accessory is left turned on. I found a wiring diagram on line but the real wiring is more complex than the diagram. My battery has 6 wires on the negative terminal and 5 wires on the positive terminal. I've attached pictures of the battery, switch, and diagram.

Would it possible to consolidate some of this wiring so I'm not required to handle 11 wires every time I remove and install the battery?

What positive wires need to be attached to the switch?

Where should I mount the switch?

Any advice on how to install this switch would be very helpful.

Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• 20120324_GlastronBattery.jpg
    20120324_GlastronBattery.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 0
  • 20120324_GlastronBatteryWiring.jpg
    20120324_GlastronBatteryWiring.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20120324_SingleBatterySwitch.jpg
    20120324_SingleBatterySwitch.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20120325_SingleBatterySwitchDiagram.jpg
    20120325_SingleBatterySwitchDiagram.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Help installing Blue Sea single battery switch

Would it possible to consolidate some of this wiring so I'm not required to handle 11 wires every time I remove and install the battery?

Ayuh,.... That nasty lookin' mess of wires, should be wired exactly like shown in yer diagram...

The only thing missin' in the diagram is the buss bar that would combine all the accessory Grounds to a single wire back to the battery...

In the end, you'd have 1 positive wire on the battery, 'n 2 on the ground post, 1 from the motor, the other from the ground buss bar...

cptnmcluvin

Seaman
Re: Help installing Blue Sea single battery switch

So, I need to get a buss bar? What type is recommendable?