Help identify part name and/or number. (Mercruiser Exhaust gasket)

PSS-Mag

Seaman
1976 Mercruiser 888 Ford 302

Need the o rings and gasket kit for where the U shaped exhaust pipe, attaches to the transom assembly. I am pretty sure that I bought one last year, but now need it again and cant find what I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.

PSS-Mag

Seaman
Re: Help identify part name and/or number. (Mercruiser Exhaust gasket)

I'm not seeing it there either.

I pulled the engine tonight, pulled the exhaust pipes off, and all 3 O rings were there and look good. Is there a gasket that goes there????? Or am I completely mistaken?

I put the pipes back on and put the outdrive back on. Left the motor out, going to take it to the lake tomorrow and dunk it, see exactly where it's coming in at.

I'd put money down that was where it was leaking in at. Best I could see with the engine in anyway. I let it fill up then pulled it out to see where it came out at and wouldn't leak any back out. LOL
So apparently I got the transom assembly sealed. and that would have made sense for the exhaust coupler too
I'll find out for sure tomorrow and go from there.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I put the pipes back on and put the outdrive back on. Left the motor out, going to take it to the lake tomorrow and dunk it, see exactly where it's coming in at

Cap the top of the pipes or at least put all the hoses on it to extend it as much as possible.
That is the best way to look for the leak. Have done it many times.
There are only orings, no gaskets. And don't bet too much on where you think the leak is, you may be surprised.

PSS-Mag

Seaman

What can you use to cap the top of the pipes?
Aren't they above the water line anyway?

This will be my first time doing it this way.