HELP!! have picutures of motor...please help with timing marks

tracterman2

Cadet
I still have no idea if I'm doing this right..I know how to time a vehicle and there is a spot on the harmonic balancer that glows or that you can see when using the light..I don't see that on here...I know I'll use the tape on the flywheel shroud to time it...but where is the mark on the flywheel tape that I'm supposed to be looking at?? there are so many marks on it...the last time I timed it to 21 degrees BTDC and used the mark on the far right that has 3 dots out of it..is this the right mark to be looking at?? I timed it just like a car...I put the timing light on number one wire and flashed at the tape on the flywheel shroud...I used the far right line on the flywheel with the three dots out of it as my "mark" on the flywheel..is this right?? if not please advice..I want this done right...I did find top dead center and that mark was at 6 degrees on the shroud tape...so I assumed this was the mark to use. Thanks again...I posted a picture of what i'm looking at...hope it helps me to get help..lol. Thanks again

Attachments

• Boat Pics 0055 (Medium).jpg
    Boat Pics 0055 (Medium).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0