Help for Marengo

Carphunter

Commander
As many of you may have heard in another thread, the little town of Marengo Indiana was hit by an F3 Tornado on May the 30th. 80% of the town was damaged or destroyed. Marengo is located in Crawford County, which is the poorest county in the state. Many of these people lost nearly everything they own in a matter of seconds. It is a very close knit farming community.<br />The reason for this thread is to make everyone aware that a web site has been set-up to help the people of Marengo, it is; www.marengotornado.com.<br /><br />If anyone would be interested in making a donation to this cause, all the information is on the site. If you do not wish to make a donation at this time, there is an area on the site for well wishes, and prayers.........I am sure even the smallest response would be greatly appreciated.<br /><br />My Grandmother lives in Marengo, and escaped with only minor damage to her assisted living facility. I also have many friends from this area, luckily, none of them were injured.<br /><br />My iboats friends, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you. Anything you could do would be greatly appreciated. <br /><br />Remember, there is no obligation to do anything, maybe you could just take a few moments and visit the site, and tell these people your praying for them.

Carphunter

Commander
Re: Help for Marengo

......well, I have to say the response so far has been underwhelming and disappointing.<br /><br />Surely, some of you have a few spare minutes to tell these folks that your praying for them. Maybe not, I don't know.<br /><br />In the past, many members here would have immediately responded to a tragedy like this. I guess this site is changing. :( <br /><br />Very disappointing, to say the least.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

u r right carp... MY sorry ;) <br />easier to look at the light side of the news?<br />count me in 4 sur.<br />M.Y.

ehenry

Commander

Having lived through several tornados to tell about them, I know what these folks are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

LadyFish

Admiral

I did send a note of emotional support and will forward a gift. It isn't posted there yet Carpy.

gaugeguy

Captain

Sorry Carp. My computer malfunctioned hard this morning/afternoon. I'll check the link out in the morning and you can count me in bud. ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Sorry if I seemed harsh folks, this just hit a little close to home for me.<br /><br />Well, at least theres four of ya I can count on.<br /><br />It seems that whenever there has been any sort of tragedy where some support was needed, I have always been there. Its really disappointing that it appears that only four members have responded.<br /><br />I don't get angry too often, but this one has done it for me. Its time for 'ol Carpy to take a break from this site for a while, before I post something I regret.<br /><br />Hold down the fort while I'm gone.

tylerin

Commander

Haven't been around much Carp. sorry. I'm going there now buddy.

gaugeguy

Captain

Just went and donated bud. Don't be taking any time off, some of us count on you ya know ;)

tylerin

Commander

I've just given emotional and financial support Carp and am extremely sorry for the delay. Mike