Help finding used lower

Seamus

Seaman
I just sold my BF100 and the new owner has discovered that the lower unit had a substantial crack/cavity which had been filled with bondo(?) This is not a 'repair' I had any part in and had escaped my notice for the six years I owned the motor - probably because the motor had never been immersed for more than a few hours at a time until recently. Anyway, I want to help the new owner to do the repair as best/cheap as possible and I started looking for a used lower unit for him and disovered that iboats doesn't recognize Honda as a manufacturer in the parts section, I found nothing on eBay or Craigslist. Can anyone suggest a place I should be looking for this part?

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Help finding used lower

Seamus,<br /><br />Search on this forum for a thread called<br />"Old Parts for Honda 4strokes ". It'll give you the name of a few resources. <br /><br />It a good starting point.<br /><br />Good Luck :) <br />Nav :cool:

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Help finding used lower

Seamus,<br />It really hurts, but sometimes we have to admit that we just can't help with certain things. You are correct, iboats does not have replacement lower units for Hondas. Even worse news, no one else does either. The only thing to suggest would be a Honda dealer and pay probably twice as much as what the motor is worth. More bondo maybe? :( Sorry!!!