Help finding these hubcaps please!!

Dhopper71

Seaman
I'm desperately trying to find replacement hubcaps for my trailer wheels. My old ones have rusted terribly and one is missing all together. I've been searching google for days, but have had no luck.

My wheels are 13" with 4 lug hubs. The caps are 8.25" in dia.. I'm repainting the wheels and would love to find replacements ASAP. Any clue where to get them? Am I SOL?
af5e3f3e.jpg
3f18c696.jpg

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: Help finding these hubcaps please!!

Baby moons from a custom auto shop would fit, but they won't have the hole for the bearing buddies. I suppose you could buy a set and drill holes, but undoubtedly the chrome would peel.

What I did was buy full size chromed plastic wheel covers and drill out the center. Worked well for 10 years.

If you absolutely have to have ones like you have, just have them rechromed.

woosterken

Lieutenant

what does the center of the wheel look like,ford has hub caps for their 4x4 s that look like that

woosterken

Dhopper71

Seaman

Here's a pic of the rim now with no cap. The inside flange dia. on the cap is 7 1/8.

I actually tried a full size 13" abs wheel cover today. Cut the hole for the hub and they still wouldn't fit right. Seems the tabs on the back are too deep to allow them to seat themselves flush all the way around. I was bummed. Was trying to avoid the extra paint work and search for these moons.
faf8d1d4.jpg

Dhopper71

Seaman

Thanks for the help folks. Tried the suggested places, but no luck. Finally had a brainstorm (more like a light drizzle) and remembered the local marine shop had a couple scrap Mark Twains out back. I ran by and they were on their original trailers with a few of the caps left. Were not free, but was worth it to me.

I went home to see how well I could clean up my old ones and the new one I found. Turned out 100x better than I could have hoped. Check out the b4 and after! Just some chrome polish and 00 steel wool and buffing with an microfiber towel.

b393b4ed.jpg
f16d3e36.jpg

204 Escape

Ensign

FYI, Wally World among other places sells a product called: Bar Keepers Friend. It is $2.48/tube. It also cleans up anything chrome on your boat as well. It would have done a great job on those hubcaps.