Help finding right owners manual

fishweed

Seaman
I am looking for a replacement owners manual for my motor and have had no luck. I contacted Ken Cook and he has no record of this model motor.<br />The model number is not a common number. I think this motor was made special for the Stratos boat company, hence the funny number.<br />I am hoping one of you pros can cross this number over so I can order the correct manuals from Ken.<br /><br />1993 Johnson 200 GT Venom<br />model number VJ200SLETF<br />serial number G03239021

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Help finding right owners manual

V - 'Boat Builder Model' <br />J - Johnson<br />200 - 200hp<br />S - Special Styling (GT)<br />L - Longshaft (fits 20" transom)<br />ET - 1993<br />F - Meaningless model run code.<br /><br />That model number would seem to indicate that there's no tilt&trim unit. Is that correct? (I can't imagine that on a 200hp engine!) Anyway, I would expect J200STLET would be fine.

fishweed

Seaman

It does have tilt&trim. I would hate too see a 200hp motor with a manual tilt.<br /><br />The closest manuals Ken Cook has is for model J200STLET.<br /><br />Could it be that the motor was miss-stamped as a non tilt&trim model and this is why he has no record of it????

DHPMARINE

Captain

Ken F.<br /><br />Try to find a core plug on top of the engine,with the numbers on it.Maybe it only has the serial # on it,but it also may have the model # as well.<br />You definetly have a 1993 200HP engine,and back then OMC published 3 books that covered ALL of them.(maybe not military)<br />#211932 was the owners manual<br /><br />#508287 was the repair manual<br /><br />#435891 was the parts manual<br /><br />These should be available thru Ken Cook.I'd save money and buy just the repair and parts manuals.<br /><br />DHP