Help! clear oil change hose lost in oil pan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danf1000

Cadet
Yep, I'm the dumb one.

I like(d) to use a clear hardware store tube to remove the oil ot of my 3.0 Volvo sterndrive. I (would) stick this tube down the oil dipstick tube and begin siphoning and when the oil was visibly toward the end, then I'd allow it to siphon down.

well, a couple of days ago, I couldn't get the tube all the way down, so I used a smaller hose, stuffed it into the longer one, and then dropped it in. It worked great!

but then when I went to pull my invention out, the smaller hose, all 6 inches or so, stayed down in the dipstick hole.

Can I remove the side cover, or pull the dipstick tube out, or maybe pull the front cover??

Advice please!

boaterinsd

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Help! clear oil change hose lost in oil pan!

a few more details please, year and type boat. I would first think maybe its got a removable dipstick tube?

Mark Cuming

Recruit
Yep, I'm the dumb one.

I like(d) to use a clear hardware store tube to remove the oil ot of my 3.0 Volvo sterndrive. I (would) stick this tube down the oil dipstick tube and begin siphoning and when the oil was visibly toward the end, then I'd allow it to siphon down.

well, a couple of days ago, I couldn't get the tube all the way down, so I used a smaller hose, stuffed it into the longer one, and then dropped it in. It worked great!

but then when I went to pull my invention out, the smaller hose, all 6 inches or so, stayed down in the dipstick hole.

Can I remove the side cover, or pull the dipstick tube out, or maybe pull the front cover??

Advice please!
I did the same thing. Most forums say just leave it in the pan. Mine is a Volvo Penta md7a.
I havnt started her yet, but tmw I will try to fish it out with a wire. And see if the dipstick tube comes out.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.