Help a new boat owner?? What is this thing? lever on transom **pic**

erikpn

Petty Officer 1st Class
whalerDriveDimensions600x450.png

See the bright white lever with the cable attached to it? I have one of these on the transom of my boat too. What is it?

I'd hate to put my boat into the water in the spring and find out its a drain plug or something =[

erikpn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Help a new boat owner?? What is this thing? lever on transom **pic**

A ground to the water in case the boat gets struck by lightning? Come on guys, one of you has to know!

woosterken

Lieutenant

try your pic again, i dont see any thing

woosterken

piper_chuck

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I had to find the URL for your pic and copy it into a browser window to see it. The white plastic thing with the gray tube coming out of the top and which probably goes through the transom is the speedometer pitot tube. If you follow the tube through the boat you will find it plugs into the back of the speedometer. For reference, click here to see one at Overton's:

erikpn

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had to find the URL for your pic and copy it into a browser window to see it. The white plastic thing with the gray tube coming out of the top and which probably goes through the transom is the speedometer pitot tube. If you follow the tube through the boat you will find it plugs into the back of the speedometer. For reference, click here to see one at Overton's:

Oh, it was working at first I did not realize the pic wasn't working. Thank you, that is exactly what it is.