Hello, and yesterdays fishing trip

RCNO

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,
Im down in Southern Louisiana, 19 miles from the end of the roads and the Gulf of Mexico. Yesterday I took my son out for his first fishing trip, along with my b-i-l. Here are the results:
fish002.jpg

We caught our limits and was back at home cleaning them in less than 2 hours! This morning the wife is cooking white beans and rice and fried redfish for lunch. After dinner an a nap we might go limit out again!!! Btw, Im the ugly fella in the grey t-shirt, thats my 5yo son in the middle and my BIL on the right. Dave A.

wildspeed

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hello, and yesterdays fishing trip

Nice catch and welcome to the forum

Here we are only allowed 1 a day per person....

DCP_5106.jpg

Bigjohn1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great looking fish, congrats

zoe'sdad

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice catch! Heading down at the end of the month to do some fishing with my wife and nephew. Hopefully we do as well. What bait were you using?

RCNO

Seaman Apprentice

1 per day per person?!!! we allowed 5 -16"or bigger with 1 over 27" Speckled trout we are allowed 25 over 12"...

We were fishing with shrimp on regular hooks, they seemed to bite a lil better on "pogie'. Its some lil silver fish that we catch on site with a cast net. BTW, we were down in Montegut. If you fish that area, dont bother getting out too early, nothing hit until the sun was up and getting warm, say 10 or so. Use a depth finder and find a deep hole. Be careful running, there is still lots of trash floating around from the storms and the Corp of Engineers have been cleaning up the bayous of derelict trawlers and they tend to stir up lots of junk. Be careful and have a good time!!!Dave

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class

Had to cancel my trip today- I was going out to try for some reds and trout. Checked the weather and radar before I left home- looked OK. Got out to the dock- Laguna Madre, Texas- and saw a lot of lightning and rain east to where we were heading. Hung around for a little while to see if it might go around us and the sky opened up, lightning strikes everywhere and heavy rain. Amazes me, though, that people were still putting in during the middle of all this. My oldest daughter was with me and she was ready to get out of there. So, 3 hour round trip wasted.

RCNO

Seaman Apprentice

I wanted to go today also but as luck would have it, Im on call for work....And it such a beautiful day!!!!