heat sensor and alarm

MJS

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I need both the sensor and alarm for a 1990 force 120. I haven't had any luck searching the web. Any help? The buzzer is bad and wont sound. I tried to wire it directly to the battery and nothing happened. I put a test light between the wires that go to the buzzer and heated the sensor up with a heat gun. The light came on and will not go off. I think I screwed it up.

SweeperForce

Chief Petty Officer
Re: heat sensor and alarm

You need to let the sensor cool down, depending on how hot you made it , it may take awhile. If your sensor is ok, I don't see why you can't use a ordinary car horn from a junk yard. I'm sure it's much cheaper and both are weather proff. They both need a 12 volt circuit to operate. When the sensor is tripped it connects to ground, turning you horn on.
Another thought, this is the route I went, I just added a "block temp gauge" I know the temp of my motor at all times.
http://www.boatersland.com/far-12910.html?gclid=COfr3YbylK8CFQdN4AodKB3bxQ
or
iBoats has a black face gauge for $32.52

MJS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Does that come with the mounting bracket for the head and plenty if wire?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

I might have the stuff you need let me look in my pile:)
I'll get back to you.
I'll try looking today.J

MJS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ok sounds good

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

F629449-2 Force thermo switch. I don't have.It's still available.I do have the buzzer.
Do you have the serial# for the motor?Half way through the year they started using different components.