Head Gasket

ch87

Recruit
Hello, I am posting this for my husband who isn't tech friendly. We have a 1988 Bayliner Capri (3.0). We are needing to get a new head gasket and are having issues finding the specific one to order. Does anyone have the same boat who has had a successful purchase of a head gasket that could point me in the right direction? We have been looking for days with no luck since it is a older boat. Thank you.

hmar007

Recruit
Hello, I am posting this for my husband who isn't tech friendly. We have a 1988 Bayliner Capri (3.0). We are needing to get a new head gasket and are having issues finding the specific one to order. Does anyone have the same boat who has had a successful purchase of a head gasket that could point me in the right direction? We have been looking for days with no luck since it is a older boat. Thank you.
I can't add much here but you need the make and serial number of your engine to begin the search. Good luck.

kenny nunez

Captain
Sierra Marine # 18-2946. Head gasket
# 18-0164. Thermostat housing to head gasket
# 18-0347 Valve cover gasket
# 18-1204. Manifold to head gasket
This should be all you will need. If the head gasket was blown out from overheating then you should bring it to an engine machine shop for a valve job, inspect for cracks and re surfaced. Also repair what ever caused the overheating.
Aquire a Genuine OMC service manual for the torque settings and valve adjustment.