HDTV....comments

derwood

Chief Petty Officer
My wife is looken to get us a wide screen TV with income tax this year....What I want to know is what pro's. and Con's yall have had with the HDTV wide screen or Square screen projection TVs....and is any one brand better than another?<br /><br />I've only bought magnavox for ten years and have never had a problem....EVER....but this is a totaly diffrent animal(regular TV's/big screen projection)<br /><br />Forget flatscreen TVs for about 5 or 6 years....8,000....what, are they nuts?<br /><br />Derwood.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: HDTV....comments

I would look at a flat screen ( not flat panel or plasma screen). In about 32 inch. Capable if HDtv. THat will keep you away from the projection stuff that seems to be trouble and very expensive to repair. If you have to have a projection unit, get the extentded warranty. This is the only appliance I would recommend it for. I have neighbor that has had so many repairs on his projection, that after collecting on over $7000 of repairs, they just gave him a new tv if he agreed to throw the old one away.<br /><br />MTCWorth

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

derwood, I found the best way to buy a TV no matter what kind I was looking for was to go to a store with many different brands playing and pick the one with what I considered the best picture. 'Course, whatshername didn't always agree with my choice and I would have to give in cause I like the way she cooks.

crab bait

Captain

DERWOOD,,in 3 more years,, they'rer only gonin' to braodcast in the HDTV format.. everone will be FORCED to buy a HDTV set..<br /><br />2006...three more years..!!

petryshyn

Commander

Hi derwood<br /><br />Stay away from rear projection (high maintenance) Plazma's are overpriced. Your best bet is a Sony flat tube. The Sony "one gun tube" is still the best for picture quality longevity.....you pay a bit more, but its worth the extra down the road. All televisions have a good picture when new, but as the guns deteriate, the colors go off calibration. Just look at a cheap TV's black tones after a few years service. The blacks are no longer black....<br /><br />I'm no expert on the subject.....but I'll bet that regular resolution television will be around much longer that three years..... :(

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Yea Crabby, I think your on target with that statement....Now, how are they going to make money off of us while there at it?<br /><br />I have learnd some things in the last couple of days about tv's.<br /><br />You can adjust those color guns to refoucus on some projection tv's.<br /><br />I will be getten me an extended warrenty.<br /><br />All tv's look smaller in the store than at home, and tv salesmen are as bad or worse than used car salesmen.<br /><br />Still looken though....<br /><br />Pixlewood.