Have You been attacked by ASIAN CARP>>>

akmoosehauler

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Have You been attacked by ASIAN CARP>>>

I watched a show where they were shooting them with bows. They are a menace. They need to be taken care of now. They are deadly.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

God forbid, moosey if they can make it up your way. :eek:

akmoosehauler

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Alot of our river were closed do to low king numbers this year. The state and feds need to do something about the intercept fisheries. But hope they do something down there for you all.

dancudayo

Seaman

TD how did you get that moccassin out of your boat, I am scared to death of them guys, someone told me if you hit them with a paddle at the base of the head it will snap their neck. I saw on PBS fish and wildlife shocking the water and the carp was jumping everywhere! What a mess, do you think they can ever be eradicated?

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Once you have them there is no way to eradicate them. They just better make that electric fence in the Chicago river keeps working. We don't need them in the great lakes.

pendernator

Recruit

ya i was fishing earlier tonight for catfish and we were in the diversion channel head waters in MO and we decided to go up a small channel called ramsey creek
we got up past the bridge and we saw the carp flopping. I didnt know how deep it was so i was watching the depth finder when an 18 inch silver carp hit me in the head. that was the worst headache i have ever had. I got over that and we continued fishing when we started to head one flew up and hit the prop on the motor as he landed. it almost killed our little 6hp motor lol. i looked back and boy was it a bloody mess he was cut to pieces:)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

a little off subject, but a man was killed this year, in the Fl Keys, buy a stingray. it jumped, as the boat was speeding along, and the barb went directly into his heart.

cprince

Petty Officer 2nd Class

CRICKEY!

:eek:

First time in my life that I have seen so many carp up here... you used to see a couple here and there hanging around stagnant water, but now there are large numbers of them in the Ottawa river.:(

They make a good case for releasing some sort of genetically modified carp that can reproduce with the unmodified population then become sterile after a generation or two. They have the technology... just too many granola crunchers that don't want to upset the gene pool...

**Insert Yosemite Sam Voice Here**

I'ze hates Carps!!!

Geo2008

Banned

Baylinercapri1987

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Have not seen the Asian Carp here in San Diego yet.... Just the invasive grass/common carp. They don't jump, they just graze like cows on all the eggs of other fish species. The big fuss around here is the invasive Quagga/Zebra muscle there trying to figure out right now.

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

I say just toss a bunch of Snakeheads in there with em, and let em duke it out. ..

allen6634

Seaman

Once you have them there is no way to eradicate them. They just better make that electric fence in the Chicago river keeps working. We don't need them in the great lakes.

yhe wife and i was fishing on a creek near home we had one jump in boat on us.i think he might be the one that got away.