Have I missed anything?

rdav13

Seaman Apprentice
1992 Evinrude 60hp TE60TLENE<br /><br />I have installed a reman powerhead due to deeply scored #2 Cyl. I am not positive what caused the problem, a number of things may have contributed. Here is a list of what I have done so far:<br /><br />Replaced water pump asy with kit #432955 which includes revised thermostat spring.<br />Replaced thermostat.<br />Flushed coolant tube in mid section.<br />Replaced temp sensor per bulletin 2221.<br />Relocated tattle tale hose to top of block per bulletin SB2276r1.<br />Richened high speed jets per bulletin 2271<br />Cleaned all 3 Carbs & installed new needle & seats and gasket sets.<br />Replaced fuel filter.<br />Changed plugs from Autolite to Champion QL77JC4.<br /><br />I am planning to:<br />Clean oil reservoir, inspect all oil and fuel lines and connections.<br />Replace VRO pump (still on order).<br />Sync and link adjustments per manual.<br />Set idle timing to spec.<br />Change max timing from 19 degrees to 17 degrees per bulletin 2271.<br />Follow break in procedure as recommended by the rebuilder.<br /><br />Is there anything else I need to address?<br /><br />Thanks

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Have I missed anything?

Sounds like you had a plan and you are ready to go.<br />Just keep a good eye out on the heating issiue.<br />My brother and I did his the same way and so far every thing has been good.<br />By all means stick with champion plugs in that engine.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

This may be of some interst -- we have found that the 56 cid 3 cylinder motors like you have run fairly hot in the mid range, especially on number 2 cylinder.<br /><br />While you are cruising in the mid range youre running on full timing advance and very little fuel. <br /><br />We have had great success with those motors by going slightly richer on the mid range jet, especially the middle carb.<br /><br />Sounds like youve done your homework and are headed in the right direction. I would also make sure to use fresh 87 octane and make sure its set up to be capeable of 5800 rpm with an average load.<br /><br />Good luck!

rdav13

Seaman Apprentice

My mid range jets are a #35. They are mounted in the top of the carb so I assume they measure air. To richen the mid range I would go to a smaller size right?<br /> <br />Will changing the high speed jet also richen the midrange?<br /><br />With my current prop I could actually excede 5800 RPM with an average load but I watch the tach and make sure it is not over reved. No one else but me runs the boat so this shouldn't be a problem. I have a steeper pitched prop but it seems to take forever to get on plane when I have a load in the boat.