has anyone used Rustoleum Leak Seal Spray?

Stephenatx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Was at Home Depot today and saw a display of Rustoleum Leak seal spray. Don't know if it is a new product or not, but I have never seen it before. I have purchased Gluvit and will use it to seal the hull of my boat, but was just curious what others thoughts or experiences are with the Rusto sealer, and if people think it might be a cheaper alternative to Gluvit.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: has anyone used Rustoleum Leak Seal Spray?

Gluvit and stuff like it has it's place but the best way to fix a leak is to fix the leak, never been a big fan of band aid fixxes.

If it is an aluminum hull you need to find the leaking rivets and rebuck them, if it is fiberglass you need to break out the glass and fix the hole, covering it up with Gluvit or anyhting alse is just delaying the inevitable which is fixxing it corectly.

Don't mean to rag on you, just trrying to save you a bigger headache later, fix it right and be done with it.

Stephenatx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: has anyone used Rustoleum Leak Seal Spray?

No problem. Probably should have explained that I don't have any leaks (have the deck out and have filled hull with water) just using the Gluvit as extra insurance.