Harry Potter

eeboater

Commander
Is anyone looking forward to the release of the new Harry Potter book? I'm lucky that my wife said that I don't have to go get it at midnight :D <br /><br />Sean

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Harry Potter

I worked for the UK postal service today.When I got into one depot they were cr@pping themselves as a semi full of the books was 2 hours late...<br /><br />I do want to read the book though-I've read all the others and somehow they seem less child-orientated than the films.

Ralph 123

Captain

I admit I have not read any of the books. I saw the first movie with some die-hard Potter fans, and, when they asked me what I thought I said, It's just a different version of Star Wars... They were so dejected...<br /><br />Harry = Luke (both orphans, both the only people who can defeat the dark one)<br />Ron = Han Solo<br />Herminia (the girl) = Princess<br />Voldamort = Darth Vader<br />Headmaster/teachers = Yoda (and/or Obeone)<br />Sorcerer = Jedi<br />Magic = force<br /><br />Etc., etc.<br /><br />I think she owes George Lucas some royalties...

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ralph, read the book. Or if your so inclined, get the tapes/cd version. The guy that reads the book on tape is a bloody genius. There is a reason why the books are so popular. Just my 2cents. Mark.