Hard candy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
I like hard candy, but there is one I really loved when I was a kid. Its wrapper dissolved in your mouth. It was so good. Anyone know what I'm talking about and if you can get that stuff anymore. If you know, what is it called? :confused:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hard candy

Methinks this was not the best time to insure maximum response Bassy. :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Me thinks you're right Boomyal.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I remember some kind of candy that was wrapped in a sortof rice paper wrapper. Don't remember the candy that was inside though.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Bassy,<br /><br />Try some of the oriental grocery stores that might be near you. I lived in an area heavily populated by Asians. Many of their candies came wrapped in rice flour paper. It does not stick to itself and it disolves in your mouth. I really like the hot ginger candy but it was chewy, not hard.<br /><br />Also like the stuff called ling-he-moi (Phonetically spelled) It's dried plums pickeled in a spice blend. Kind of like a jaw breaker.<br /><br />And instead of beef jerky I grew up eating dried cuttlefish. Kind of like chewing on oily leather.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Bassy.... did you ever consider that you were only told the paper was edible so you would not leave wrappers hanging around? Just a thought.<br /><br />Parrot_head I have also tried "ling-he-moi" but it is hard to find w/o a specialty store.<br /><br />Bob