Happy Cinco De Mayo....

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ya'll have any big plans for......05-05-05????<br />Cinco cubed (5 to the 3rd power)<br /> :D

Realgun

Commander
Re: Happy Cinco De Mayo....

Yet another Celbration of a French arse kickin. :D <br /><br /><br />I will be staying home as much as possible as the idiots here celebrate, drink, then drive somewhere and usualy kill or injure somebody.

NYMINUTE

Captain

What is the big deal, do they celebrate July 4th in Mexico? In Spain? In Italy? NO, why am I celebrating? I will when then illegals are ushered back home where ever that is.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You live in the wrong part of the country to understand, NYM.<br /><br />Parts of our country celebrate St. Patrick's Day and Bastille Day. Most American citizens and residents have heritage based in another country and celebrate that heritage.<br /><br />Cinco de Mayo celebrates patriotism of citizen soldiers in defeating a more powerful invader.<br /><br />I think that is worth celebrating, whether you are of Mexican descent or not.

gaugeguy

Captain

We are having an "extended neighborhood" party tomorrow night for Cinco De Mayo.<br /><br />Funny story goes along with it. Everybody was asked to bring a specific dish. My know it all neighbor-lady was talking with my wife, and my wife asked her what she was asked to bring. She replied, "Well Renee (the hostess) said you are such a good cook, I couldn't ask you to bring something simple like taco meat, so why don't you bring fajita fixins" That really kicked my wife in the ovaries, because she was asked to bring a crock pot full of taco meat :D <br /><br />So now she has decided she is going to make a margarita flavored cake as well, because any half-wit can make taco meat :D :D

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

NYM,<br /><br />You're missing the point, it a perfectly legitimate reason to crack open an excess of ice cold Coronas :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No cincy whatever here, just another day, I think, Thursday. :rolleyes:

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> You live in the wrong part of the country to understand, NYM.<br /><br />Parts of our country celebrate St. Patrick's Day and Bastille Day. Most American citizens and residents have heritage based in another country and celebrate that heritage.<br /><br />Cinco de Mayo celebrates patriotism of citizen soldiers in defeating a more powerful invader.<br /><br />I think that is worth celebrating, whether you are of Mexican descent or not.
Couldn't agree more, JB!<br />I grew up in the southwest. I always celebrat Cinco de Mayo. Tonight we will be eating a lot of hot peppers and drinking margaritas. Viva Mexico!

NYMINUTE

Captain

I am in favor of the celebrating for those who enjoy. But when you have taken a professional hit as I have several years ago at the hands of NAFTA, and seen the crime in the "Little Mexico" side of a city, failing to participate comes naturally. Sorry guys, Its a me thing. Carry On

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

NYM<br /> wait till CAFTA passes<br /> talk about a giaant sucking sound. this week inthe state of NC, another shut down textile plant and cut about 180 positions and moved the mfg to Honduras.