Happy Birthday to Me

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
For my birthday on Saturday, I drove 90 minutes each way to a lake that's been paying off all summer, but this time only three fishes: one hybrid striper that went about five (no, that's five inches, not pounds), one white bass big enough to keep, and another one that I released before I got it in the boat.<br /><br />But I ain't complaining - enough cloud cover to keep it from getting too hot, plus which, this is the first time I actually caught fish that I had marked on the graph.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Happy Birthday to Me

Pretty much did the same thing on my b-day. Except it was 45* and raining.<br /><br />Happy Birthday jtexas.!!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Glad to hear you had such a nice birthday. Happy Birthday week. Celebrate all week is what I say!<br />Bassy

LadyFish

Admiral

A big
4.gif
JTexas!!!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Nathan in Arkansas:<br /> Where you fishing? PK, Whitney, or Texoma?
I was at Richland Chambers near Corsicana - most days you can find schools of surfacing sandies an acre across during the early morning hours. I don't think PK has recovered from that golden algae bloom, haven't fished Whitney, and while I do venture out on Texoma from time to time, I've found it's best left to the guys with those big-water striper boats. There's so many reservoirs within 100 miles of here, it boggles the mind. Whenever you're not catching fish, you keep thinking "should've gone to ________" [fill in the blank]!

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

jtexas, this is jsteam_mill (okay steam_mill my first name is Joe). <br /><br />I'm a little upset at you. My Mom always told me that today (Jul 19)was only my Birthday and noboby elses....<br /><br />I'll celebrate on weekend fishing....<br /><br />Happy B-Day fellow crab....<br /><br />Joe

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Hey Joe, your momma wasn't lying, my birthday was Saturday the 17th, I only just now got around to posting.<br /><br />Happy Birthday to you, too!<br /><br />thanks,<br />john