Halloween Banned in WA state school

Link

Rear Admiral
On the 11pm news tonight<br /><br />Three reasons stated<br /><br />A: Time could be better spent teaching than for a 30 minute party<br /><br />B: Some kids may not be able to afford a costume<br /><br />C:<br />.<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br /><br />Childern dressing up like Witches might Offend "real" Witches! (wiccins)<br /><br />Go-Figure

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Halloween Banned in WA state school

I don't subscribe to Halloween for a variety of reasons, but reasons B and C are beyond the pale. <br /><br />Oh, I forgot. We live on the Left Coast. That is the kind of reasoning that we do, now! Give 'em condoms but don't offend the witches.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Its been called a "harvest festival" here for a few years.<br /><br />We have a "Harvest Parade" too.<br />We go line the the sidewalks on Mainstreet and the local farmers hurl cobs of feedcorn, sacks of soybeans, and 40# wheels of cheddar at us.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

:D @ roscoe<br /><br />sounds familiar<br /><br /> :D :p

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

If you can't celebrate Christmas at school, it would be hypocricy to celebrate Halloween. They're both religious holidays. But then so is Thanksgiving. So let's ban that in our schools too. Who needs days off anyhow, especially Paid ones??? ;)

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Homer Simpson after Lisa tells him the origin of Halloween:<br /><br />"God bless those pagens."<br /><br />LMAO at Roscoe. The 40# wheel of cheddar is what got me! I work in Madison, the spokestown for banning Halloween worldwide. Complete idiots!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Why is having a party not teaching? Kids learn how to socially interact, that is just as important as something you learn from a book.<br /><br />My church has a Halloween festival.<br /><br />Banning Halloween because of its origins is just silly. Hello people, we arent worshiping the devil by walking around in costumes and begging for candy.<br /><br />Ken

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> I don't subscribe to Halloween for a variety of reasons, but reasons B and C are beyond the pale. <br /><br />Oh, I forgot. We live on the Left Coast. That is the kind of reasoning that we do, now! Give 'em condoms but don't offend the witches.
I agree<br />In another post I just read this is one of those things that just makes me shake my head from side to side<br /><br />ROFLOL roscoe

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Get up off the floor and take cover !!!<br /><br />One of them farmers is coming this way with his manure spreader !!!