had my boat about a month

jasperpso2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i love my pontoon boat.

i have been off the water for a few years.. and never had a pontoon.. i sold my harley recently, being a single father and never having thad time to ride, and bought this boat.. i have found we use the boat nearly every day, even if just to barbeque and relax while anchored.. i am gonna look for a 60 horse with power tilit, but the 50 hums right along..

just wanted to post, i love my pontoon..

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: had my boat about a month

Welcome to the forum.... But as a Harley owner, sure hate you had to give one up. Maybe later on you can get back in the saddle. But at least you won't have to make terrible decisions like me. "Do I won't to go boating or hit the backroads today????"

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just curious, what advantage do you expect in getting a 60hp except for a power tilt?

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

i love my pontoon boat.

i have been off the water for a few years.. and never had a pontoon.. i sold my harley recently, being a single father and never having thad time to ride, and bought this boat.. i have found we use the boat nearly every day, even if just to barbeque and relax while anchored.. i am gonna look for a 60 horse with power tilit, but the 50 hums right along..

just wanted to post, i love my pontoon..

Just about finished "redoin" my first pontoon -- Cant wait to try it out :cool:
I think you did good - the boat will be great for the kids :)

jasperpso2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

power tilt is main objective, my 50 is a 82, and i wouldnt mind a little newer motor.. it has manual tilt, and the tilt lock is broken so it bucks in reverse.. 10 more horse wont hurt, but i realize it wont be night and day.. the manufacturers plate says 60hp limit, so thats what i wanna get

i had a 09 HD crossbones, and i really loved it.. but felt like i couldnt ride it enough to justify owning a 20k motorcycle.. cant fit two kids on a bike, and we use the boat daily.. i live 8 blocks from the main boat ramps on the mississippi river.. i think i made a good choice..