Gull Lake Mi

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant
Re: Gull Lake Mi

It is a nice lake. It is very deep (100'+) in places and very clear water. For general cruising and hanging out on the water Gull Lake makes for a nice day. Any more than a day and it gets a little small.

I don't fish so I can't help with that question.

whatisup02

Cadet

Thanks. I have been to Gun Lake befor but not Gull. Gun just has to many people and has to much shallow areas. We just went there and it took us 15min of 4-5mph just to get past 4-5' deep.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

I grew up on Gun Lake and still consider it my "home" lake. I would hate to be a new comer to the lake. For me, I zip all over the lake and have never had any issue with the depth. I know the lake literally like the back of my hand.

Gull Lake is no less busy. In fact it is busier is some ways as it is sort of a long narrow lake with only a few coves/bays that people can use for tubing/skiing and stuff. It also has shallow spots you need to be aware of. BUT if you have never been there it is definitely worth a visit. It is.

AMetzger

Cadet

Gull lake is beautiful. For those who have been, have you also been to Torch? wonder how they compare re: clarity/color. It definitely has shallow spots you have to be aware of... A 12" deep "island" on the east side of the lake about killed some of us (and our boat) when we hit it. I cannot believe it's not marked in some way! Dangerous. But a beautiful lake.