Guide OnTail/Brake Lights

Jersey Jim

Seaman Apprentice
I've just put a set of post guide ons on my boat trailer. I know the pros of putting the lights on the posts. There must be some cons . Can anyone think of any?<br /><br />Also how do you attach the lights to the posts? Thanks in advance for any help.

chris in va

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Guide OnTail/Brake Lights

All I know is my dad has the lights on the guide-ons, and he says they get knocked off/smashed very easily. I'll attest to that since I accidentally whacked one off while working on the boat in the driveway...

FLATHEAD

Captain

My guide ons have a tab on them just for the lights to bolt on to. I would think you could bolt on a tab for them if yours dont have tabs.

poolshark38759

Petty Officer 2nd Class

could get a piece of flat stock cut to size and have holes drilled in and attach them to the posts with u-bolts so you could adjust them up or down to your liking.. <br /><br />i have mine on posts and mounted high to keep them high and dry and to aid loads/launching at nite...

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hi, one possible con, I suggest you check your states motor vehicle web site for trailer light specifications, for instance New York State has trailer lighting location rules that if violated could spell trouble after an accident,,,