Gs289

nedrger

Cadet
We are thinking of trading our present Glastron in on a GS289. Has anyone had experience with the GS289?

ThreeMileBayWaker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Gs289

They looked nice at the boat show, not something that suits my needs or style. For a cabin cruiser, I don't think i would look at a Glastron to be my first choice. I would probably steer more towards four winns, Chapparall (sp?)

Hit up your local winter boat show, very helpful.

Kingschild

Recruit

I believe you will be very happy with the Glastron especially since it will have the VEC SYSTEM (no wood to rot in the hull).

nedrger

Cadet

Well after looking we took the plunge and ordered a GS289 with what we wanted on it. It arrived the first of the year and we cant wait to get it into the water this spring.

Looked at some other brands but none flipped my switch any more than the Glastron especially when you compare price, several were just not a good bang for the buck, I'm not paying for a name. Besides my dealer gave me a heck of a deal with my trade in of a 2010 GLS255.

I'm now counting the days until April!!!:)

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 0

ThreeMileBayWaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

I believe you will be very happy with the Glastron especially since it will have the VEC SYSTEM (no wood to rot in the hull).

Actually....

2011 and later do not have the VEC hull's anymore, therefore 2010's were the last ones due to the takeover by Platnium equity and relocation of Glastron from Minnesota to the four winn's production plant in Mighigan.

That is a lot of boat, hope many seasons of pleasureful cruising to come or you :)