Grumman identification help

Alex31405

Recruit
I think I have a Grumman canoe but I’m not sure nor do I know much else about it.
tag on the front looks like it reads
17646 - G - S1–17
The rear tag looks like it says GBM33974M75G
Any information is appreciated.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep its a Grumman
HIN Search results:

Success! GBM33974M75G is of the standard HIN type called Model-Year HIN

GBM HIN DecoderOur HULL ID Decoder breaks down the Hull identification number into the following information:

The HIN or CIN you have entered meets the Model-Year HIN format. It might also be a type that contains the country code and thus the boat comes from USA or Other . The serial number of the HIN is 33974 and is set by the boat builder. This boat or vessel has a Certification Date of (1975) and a Model Year of 1975 with month of build (February) based on the formatting of your hull_identification_number (HIN) .

The manufacturer identification code (MIC) of your craft identification number (CIN or HIN) is GBM. This MIC (GBM) stands for the company name G. B. Marine which is currently *. This boat manufacturer has other company names (GBM sometimes goes by these name(s) Grumman Allied Ind Inc (oob), Grumman Boats Marathon (oob), , or ).

This company (G. B. Marine) is owned by Gregory B Lynch and is located at 921 Sugarloaf Blvd in Sugarloaf Shores state of Fl. It manufactured this vessel and placed your HIN or CIN on the hull. This Boat maker is not owned by a parent company. G. B. Marine has started making boats, yachts and other watercraft as of 11/19/2013 and went out of business on () in the following country: USA.

The Model Name is uncertain for this G. B. Marine. But we have approximations: 1550 CSP or housebt or Canoe or 17 or 17SQST.

The US Coast guard provides this comment about this watercraft manufacturer: 7/91 Grumman To Use (omc). 960917 Assets Acquired By Marathon Boat Group (gmm). 11/19/13 Reassigned Mic..

HIN
GBM33974M75GI
Serial # 33974
Year 1975
G. B. Marine Company
CompanyAddress:
921 Sugarloaf Blvd
Sugarloaf Shores F

There are 0 boat Recalls for your G. B. Marine vessel:

G. B. Marine Boat Recalls for your HIN and MIC: 0.
From www.HinDecoder.com

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I think I have a Grumman canoe but I’m not sure nor do I know much else about it.
tag on the front looks like it reads
17646 - G - S1–17
The rear tag looks like it says GBM33974M75G
Any information is appreciated.
any idea what year model or anything else I should know about it?
Um, info I posted said 1975, so, I'd guess its a 1975.

Is it 17ft long? If so, I'd bet its a 17ft S1 model from #s you posted originally.

Alex31405

Recruit
Um, info I posted said 1975, so, I'd guess its a 1975.

Is it 17ft long? If so, I'd bet its a 17ft S1 model from #s you posted originally.

ok that’s my bad. I saw it say I should buy the boat alert for $19 and thought I didn’t get any more information without paying $19 lol first time on a forum lol

jbcurt00

Staff member
ok that’s my bad. I saw it say I should buy the boat alert for $19 and thought I didn’t get any more information without paying $19 lol first time on a forum lol
Yeah, it has ads for stuff @ that site, but you get a lot of info from the free HIN decoder. I missed the 1st time it asked ya to buy something. Erased the other 3 instances.

Fixed my post to redact the $19