Greening Along The Muddy Banks

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Didj'a ever notice how quick it happens? One day bare bleak landscape and the next....that touch of green. Happened to me today. On the way to the shop and I drive Rt. 7 south along the Ohio River to the shop. And there it was. That initial greening. Makes ya' feel good in a way. We had our first cook out Sunday. Temps in the Low 80's. It just sort of happened. Herself and I doing some work around the Homestead....the youngest daughter shows up with her family. Then the others followed along with a few friends. Well....why waste a great day? Really nice to have the family and friends together. Dang I like this time of year. :D :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Greening Along The Muddy Banks

Me Too!!! Spring is always great with all the activity and everything comming to life. I was gonna spash my boat tomarrow, but I have to go claim my new A/C Instead. Ice has only been out for three days and it's just killin me that I havent been able to go yet. We were low 70's for a couple days but were back to mid 50's for a few days again but the grass has started and the trees are just about ready to bust there buds.

bubbakat

Captain

Yes it was a beaut of a day. I was putting the finishing touches on an overhead grape arbor when we decided to have a cook out to.<br />All the kid and fam. came over called my brother,<br />( who by the way doesn't go to no one house)<br />Him and his wife came over. We had a great cook out. Made some of my famous baked beans.<br />BTW OBJ I have mowed the lawn twice already.<br />Oh yea got to use my new brick BBQ I had built last fall.<br />Life is grand isn't It.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

No doubt OBJ, the woods around here are like a reddish color from all the buds. Some trees have tints of green with tiny leaves. I think you are about a week ahead of us up here. It is about a 3 week difference from the southern part of the state to here. <br /><br />I'm still holding off on starting my boat, I have seen temps that drop quick that can still damage blocks/manifolds. Another 2 weeks and the danger of low temps should be over.<br /><br />I'm still trying to pick a weekend to put mine in for the season. Docks are there and ready. I'm just not ready yet because of the late winter temps. :mad: Oh well thats what I get for living in the north...... :)

gaugeguy

Captain

Grass is green, buds on the trees and I put the boat in the water saturday. Had to dodge a few ice floes, but both motors ran great and we boated 14 salmon...spring IS here ;)

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well, down in the southern part of Ohio we had a great weekend. I also took the boat out to East Fork lake Sunday. Saturday did not work out, but had a great day Sunday. Until the wife locked the keys in the van, things were going great. :D Then she threw her back out helping me with the boat in the dark. So Monday was a recovery day from Sunday. But hey, I got to take the little boat out and open her up a bit. The kids loved it, and so did I.