Great Reading-"Iron Fist"

D

DJ

All,<br /><br />Don't know if you have read this or not but it is great reading especially for you Mercury fans. I just finished reading it for the second time and am still amazed.<br /><br />The book chronicles the life and times of the infamous Carl Kiekaefer-founder and long time ruler of the Mercury empire. It chronicles his escapades but gives a larger picture into industry in the U.S.A. at a very special time in our history.<br /><br />The book is available at most libraries (they can order it for you) or is available on www.amazon.com under "Iron Fist-The Lives of Carl Kiekaefer" written bt Jefferey Rodengen. A used copy will cost you about $20.00.<br /><br />Jefferery Rodingen has also written other books about the marine engine and boat industry-GOOD READS.<br /><br />Enjoy.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Great Reading-"Iron Fist"

Thanks for the tip DJohns, looks like a good read about an interesting character. I've just ordered a copy. Will comment further once I've read it.<br /><br />I saw that the same author wrote a book about OMC. Have you read that one ?

D

DJ

62_Kiwi,<br /><br />Yes I have. It is written in a different style and does not center so much attention on one character.<br /><br />However, it is very informative and highlights the relationship of Charlie Strang and Carl Kiekaefer.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

DJohns<br /><br />I've just finished reading "Iron Fist" - once I started the first couple of paragraphs I was hooked and couldn't keep my nose out of it until finised. The best book I've read for a long time, thanks for the referal.<br /><br />What an amazing character - a great story and lots of marine industry history packed into it too. I recon most of the guys on this board would enjoy that book.

D

DJ

62_Kiwi,<br /><br />Glad you liked it. I, like you, was riveted the moment I started it. <br /><br />There aren't many books out there that deal with our passion for boating.