Great News-Deer Blind!!!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
After four years of intending to build a deer blind up north I finely got'er done. This is a pretty huge accomplishment due to location where I erected it. Very hard to get materials in.<br /><br />I did build it here at home, marking all joints, etc. Then took it up north in kit form. Humped it piece by piece to location with three wheeler, then hauling by hand all the parts the last 30 yards. Took all day to assemble this blind.<br /><br />Now I figure that sitting on stand during the cold, windy, crappy, snowy days of the hunt will be pleasant. Mano man, I am pretty proud of this thing!!!<br />
blind.jpg

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Great News-Deer Blind!!!

:) Nice blind!!!<br /><br />After all that luggin I ;) :cool: hope ya scouted the area and have that blind in a good location!!!

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

A little heater, a portable TV for the football games and you'll be all set. Very nice blind.

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very nice Pat, and I hope you have many successful hunts in there.

Link

Rear Admiral

I like the way it blends into the back round :p <br />Seriously though I'm glad one of the 10<br />commandments doesn't read: Thou shall not covet<br />your neighbors Blind! I'd be in plenty trouble!<br />Nice job Pat

FSHKPR

Ensign

hey pat nice looking blind. looks like ya put some time into that. is that in wisconsin somewhere?

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Sure is FSHKPR! Sothern Price Co. Wisconsin to be exact. My family has a 40 that we use to knock around on. Has a small one room shack on it. And my brother and a friend, and sometimes his son, gun hunt whitetails. My bros oldest daughter tried the hunting thing for two seasons, then decided it was not for her.<br /><br />Also, Thanks All for the kind comments. My goal is to build a couple more over the next few years.<br /><br />I am blessed that my Lovely Bride and Kids love to go to the shack just to kick back! Thats more Good News to me!!!!!!

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Nice, now go to Walmart and get you some camo paint. Very nice.

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> Where's the potty? ;)
There's a funnel in the corner that runs outside. There is a tube connected and an empty milk jug below.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Hey dhud64.........I'm taking your plumbing idea into consideration. Current plan is a big mouth jug (with good lid) up topside. LOL

Link

Rear Admiral

Should NOT most likely comment but just got back kayaking on a small lake this evening.. LF the the big funnel and tube where too close to be true!! :) But worked for us! :D <br />Should his deer stand be called a porta potty on sticks??<br /> :D :D <br /><br />Self EDIT: Sorry Pat :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

HEHEHEHE.......how the heck can you do that in a kayak Link????????.......through the hull fitting??..LOL......oh man, I digress......

Link

Rear Admiral

ROFLOL cute Pat<br />No they had these Honey Buckets / Large porta potties set up at the lake. We were refering to them as plastic milk jugs yesterday. Pretty flimsey (sp) to say the least and dhud64 comment about the funnel... back to your deer stand :) :)

aspeck

Staff member

Pat, it is nice, but it needs to be a little bigger, have stairs ( not a ladder), sliding windows, a stuffed recliner and cot, TV, stove, refrig, electricity ... Then you will have THE STAND! Oh, and don't forget when you make it bigger, make it a little higher so you can pull the 4WD UNDER the stand and keep it out of the elements, and make sure the steps are enclosed to, so you don't have to put your boots on, but can keep your slippers on till after you shoot that big ole buck!<br /><br /><br />HA! Just kidding! Enjoy your stand (when you camo paint it you can call it a blind!)!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

HEHEHE.......I just might run a few hundred yards of coax out to it from the shack to watch the Packer game Sunday afternoon.

aspeck

Staff member

Now you are talking!