Grand Bahamas

Fly Rod

Commander
:) Been fishing in "Freeport, Grand Bahamas" for the last couple of weeks, while the wife was at the beach!!!!!<br /><br />Another fella and I charted a couple 4 hour trips!!!! The 1st charter was a zero, no fish not even a baracudda,it ended up hot and terrible!!!<br /><br />Our 2nd 4hr. charter was much improved!!! We found a mass of floating seaweed about 7 miles off shore and landed 7 dolfin (maihi maihi) and 2 wahoo!!!<br />Had a couple of 30lb. dolfin and the rest were 15-20lbs.!!!!! A lot of meat on them dolfin!!! The wahoo were in the low 20lb. class!!!!!! Our biggest dolfin to date is 42lbs., 5'2" long!!!<br /><br />I rented a 25' boat to do a little bottom fishing!!! Didn't want to pay 15 bucks for a rod rental, so I ask a few locals what they used!!! They just used mono for a drop line!!! Well don't use mono unless you have a pair of gloves,of which I did have!!!!! ;) :cool:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Grand Bahamas

Our biggest dolfin to date is 42lbs., 5'2" long!!!
Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!<br /><br />Curious.. What lures or bait were you dragging for them whoos?...

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Grand Bahamas

:) We were using ballyhoo, barrel sinker and skirt!!!! ;) :cool: