GPS

DAG

Cadet
I live near Sacramento. I'm interested in something that will help with fishing and navigation of the delta.<br />Thanks for the help.

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: GPS

KState<br />Any GPS will do that even with the base map. As far as fishing goes you need to set your own waypoints when you find a good spot.<br /><br />You need to give more information about what your are looking for. If you want something that will give your water depth and stop you from running agound then you need a unit that you can buy the detail maps for. I my self just have the base map and a depth finder. If I going somewhere I do not know I just check the paper charts first. I end up going a lot of the same places over and over.<br /><br />Paper charts are about $7 to $10. Electronic charts $200 and up.<br /><br />In Sacramento places to see GPS units I suggest West Marine on Micron Or for fish finders with a GPS can also try Fishermans Whearhouse on Folsom.<br /><br />When your ready to buy check here on Iboat for price first as you may get a better deal.