GPS fishfinder combo????

Wes6080

Recruit
I fish in south Louisiana in the marsh for redfish. I am looking for a user friendly GPS combo at around $400. I have no clue what im looking at. I have only used depth finders from the early 90s. Its mainly shallow saltwater that I fish in. Any pointers tips suggestions ETC... would be great! Thanks!!!

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander
Re: GPS fishfinder combo????

If you use the search function for the topic "fishfinders" you will find lots of posts and lots of opinions. None of them are bulletproof. A piece of electronics gear submitted to a marine environment is gonna have some issues. I have used both Hummingbird and Lowrance. My last Lowrance came from Dicks Sporting goods as they were clearing out the old models. It is a Lowrance lms 522. It is the built in antennae version of my other Lowrance, an lms 520. Since we run a ways offshore I wanted to have some duplication, also both the menus are the same so I didn't have to learn any new programming. They have both worked well, but have been replaced by the HDS series. I use a 5" screen minimum, and the price goes up from there. Good luck!