FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Howdy, JRJ.<br /><br />I have had several Garmin GPS models and found them all excellent.<br /><br />For a combo I like the Garmin GPSMAP 168, or at a higher price, the 188 or 188C.<br /><br />Good luck.
I've owned Garmin and Lowrance GPS/Sounders. I agree with JB. Garmin definitely is the way to go. The features on the 188 are amazing...Shoot make me jealous and buy the 188C (with color screen) !!!!!<br /><br /> http://www.garmin.com/marine/products.html#sounders