Government/Looters

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Between the looters, and the government, which can clean up a town quicker? I'm beginning to thick we have the wrong people in office. Both take everything ya own anyway.

don flowers

Seaman
Re: Government/Looters

Robby, I don't think anyone just loves paying taxes, but the options suck. Sorry for not getting excited but I've just returned home from evacuation. I live where "Rita" was supposed to go. I'm just too tired to argue with you right now. To answer your submission I would suggest shooting looters, and getting a very good accountant... now those are my first thoughts but I'm sure some will come to me later. Don

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

"Shooting Looters" sounds like a good name for a rock & roll band.<br /><br />How far did ya get before turning around, Don?<br /><br />Robby poses an interesting question, you might even say a paradox; the conservative approach says leave government out of it, but crack down on crime, while the liberals would want government intervention but go easy on the "underpriveledged" looters. What a quandry, our whole political system could blow a fuse trying to work this one out. ;)

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by don flowers:<br /> I don't think anyone just loves paying taxes, but the options suck. Sorry for not getting excited but I've just returned home from evacuation. I live where "Rita" was supposed to go. I'm just too tired to argue with you right now. Don
You need to get some priorities straight. I make a little joke, zero to do with reality, and also smart enough to chose not to live where every year, theres a good chance of losing everything you own to hurricanes. You on the other hand, are just coming back from a(nother) ill planned evac, and first thing you do is go to your computer and go to Iboats looking for an argument? Guess the news is all wrong, and your neighbors down that way don't need any help. I survived Vietnam, 6.2 earthquake, ice storm with power out for almost 4 days, among another billion things and never in my life during any of these events, has the government come to my aid. Just the people around me. My good neighbors. And I have NEVER had exposure to, or contact with, or known of anyone of has had exposure to, or contact with, looters. If you feel like arguing , save your energy. Sorry I made your day.

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Robby you forgot about Mount St Helens 1980. :D

don flowers

Seaman

Robby, I was born in 53 so I've been there done that also. Which by the way, I served without regret, you seem upset or feel you deserve something extra for being there. Didn't you look around. There was a bunch of us there. You need to chill. No it was not the "GOVERNMENT" that told me to evacuate. It's called good sense. I live on Matagorda bay, for three days the weather people said that is where Rita was going... so I left. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out (are you one of those too)And as far as to how smart you are as to where you live... I have never had to experience an earthquake, or ice storms for 4 days. Maybe I'm too smart to live in a place like that (LOL) And no I did not log on to iboats to start an argument, remember you started the thread ROBBY. I simply responded to a political troll. Like they say down here in Texas... Y'all have a good day now. Don

Laddies

Banned

Robby, guess your troll was on the wrong subject, it's not a funny topic--Bob