gotta luv Fathers day

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
MY wife actually spoke these words; <br />"so you wanna just have the day off and have fun on the boat?"<br />small bounty perhaps, but I'll take it! LOL

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: gotta luv Fathers day

Yea mine said anything I want, or want to do.<br />Now that is wide open for discussion. :D ;)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

;) SBN.... very few things r more appealing "vice"<br />admiral<br />happy papa day

gaugeguy

Captain

I've turned it into "Father's Day Weekend". Gonna be on the ocean all day saturday chasing stripers with the guys. Sunday my boys and I will take my dad out bass fishing. :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Naaaaa, all kidding a side.<br />I pretty much get to do what I want.<br />The kids and grandkids all come over for a cookout.<br />We kinda kill a buncha birds with one stone so to speak.<br />There will be 4 fathers here so we get to do it all together.<br /><br />From SBN's house to all fathers on here.<br />HAPPY FATHERS DAY

LubeDude

Admiral

Fathersday isnt the best time for my wife, (As posted earlier0, Worlds worst Father-in-law. She said she wasnt going to send him a card this year, and I said, " If you dont, it makes you like him". So she sent him a pretty generic card.<br /><br />We will go to my folks house for Fathers day, (Step Dad), hes 81 now, Moms 89, Only father I remember having, My real Dad passed when he was just 48 from Cancer, when I was just 3 years old. I dont remember him other than home movies. My step dad and I have had our differences over the years, but we get along resonably well now. It seems to get better all the time. Hes a little different sort though. As my wife would say, "YA THINK"!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I got an early fathers day gift. My boat seat recovered. :D :D :D :) <br /><br />I asked for the wife for this... "Do whatever I want to do, and no, "but I wanted to go shopping"".<br /><br />We'll see!<br /><br />Ken

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Should be a good day.My youngest(20 YRS) is treating me to a round of golf in the A.M. <br /><br />Then back home for the cookout with oldest daughter,son-in-law and three grandkids.<br /><br />Gotta Love IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Happy Father's Day to All Dads!<br />Unfortunately, mine isn't with us anymore. He passed away 20 years ago at a young age, 57. But I still fondly recall some of the wild and fun times we had together.<br />Happy Father's Day, Dad... and THANKS

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Ours dosn't come around till September (I think).<br />But.....a couple of years ago I noticed a little piece of paper taped to the shelf above my Computer, where I can't help but see it every day. <br />I am certainly not one for soppy stuff, but this seemed appropriate to me.<br /><br />Fathers Day is Finished.<br />So what has changed?.<br />Fathers show us what it is like to be a father and a Husband.<br />Fathers model how we should treat children, mothers and wives, how we solve issues and how we support each other.<br />TV also gives similar messages but the men are usually bumbling, dopey and incompetant. <br />Are our children getting mixed messages?.<br />I worry for some of the next generation who come to parenting.<br />Come on Dads, give some thought to our model. Make a good one even better. It's the generation that is yet to be born that we will influence.<br /><br />I think it may have been written by the school Pastor.<br /><br />Cheers<br />Phillip

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by wilkin250r:<br />
Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> all day saturday chasing stripers with the guys.
One "P" or two? ;)
Shhhhhh, you are gonna let the cat out of the bag. One P for most of the day, and two P's on the way home ;)

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well, my boys are with the ex wife for the first part of the summer. So I will probably just spend the weekend working on the boat. Although I do need to cut the grass as well. :) <br /><br />I personally do not have a father, never have.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My wife bought me a new Troy bilt super bronco riding lawn mower let me pick it out and everything. then said she wants to use it some time and that i need to start mowing her mom and dads lawn and i could get a few side jobs :eek: and told me i can go fishing this weekend if i want it will probally rain or the wind will be blowing 100 mph :mad: