Got to try my 175 OB out this weekend

rolander

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I tried my 175 Evinrude Satruday on my old IO to OB conversion. What a difference from that 140 V-4!!! She really plains out nice now. I picked up a few MPH. Went from 43 to about 51-52 mph. She really drinks the fuel now though!!! That's ok I love the torque and take off. At 35 I punch the throttle and you can feel the boat lunge and take off. The 140 would just dog and creep up in milage. This one is touch and GO!!!!

Here are a couple of pics from me looking back as my bro in law was driving and checking it out.

Attachments

• Boat in water.jpg
    Boat in water.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat in water1.jpg
    Boat in water1.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 0

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Got to try my 175 OB out this weekend

so cool to have the power :)

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

I bet you could pick up a couple more MPH... From that spray it looks like the motor might be mounted a little too low, or maybe it was just trimmed way in during the pic.

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

Nice job...thats a great setup. I would love to have a full transom with a bracketed outboard.....tons of deck space with that arrangement.

rolander

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I bet you could pick up a couple more MPH... From that spray it looks like the motor might be mounted a little too low, or maybe it was just trimmed way in during the pic.

I think it is a bit low as well. I am going to raise it a hole and see what it does. The motor was trimmed all the way up in the pictures, but I still want to raise a hole and see what happens.

rolander

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice job...thats a great setup. I would love to have a full transom with a bracketed outboard.....tons of deck space with that arrangement.

Also quiet. That big transom really muffles the sound of the OB hanging back there. I love the set up. I have tons of room in the boat. Got a new love for her now with the new carpet, and engine. Now she needs a paint job!!