Got the boat on Blocks

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
And didn't drop it. First time doing it, 23 foot boat about 4000 pounds. Nerve racking, but my dad helped me out and we only dropped the boat off the rear blocks once. Or twice. <br /><br />Actually it went well. We took our sweet time with it so I think that helped us avoid any problems. Lowered the trailer tongue, blocked the rear, raised the trailer tongue, and systematically moved the trailer, then the jack, then the trailer, etc... until we could block the front it a spot far enough toward the bow for good balance. <br /><br /> :D Now gotta wait until a 'heat wave' so I can strip the bottom and repaint (has to be 50+ all day and night preferably). Almost time to put it in the water!

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Got the boat on Blocks

Congratulations! I know how you feel, if a 4000lb boat wants to move their ain't much you can do about it. I did a similar job over the christmas holidays, we had to lift an 11 ton houseboat up 3 feet using two trawala jacks and 5" square blocks. Took us 3 days including 2 very sleepless nights.<br /><br />Aldo

f_inscreenname

Commander
Re: Got the boat on Blocks

Did that once before on a very sloped driveway. Had all the neighbors out. Men were helping (well some were) and the wives watched and took bets when it would fall. With the added worry if the boat fell on one of them it very nervously got done. The next time I will wait until most of the guys are at work. Don't need the added pressure of the chicks watching either. :D