Got on the bathroom scale this morning.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Some time around last November I decided to go on a diet. I had gained weight every year since I got married... go figure. But worse was that in my advance years (I'll be 47 in Sept) my blood pressure was slowly rising and some of those fats that they test for in my blood were the wrong type or too high or something... <br /><br />But the real show stopper was in November '04 I put on my tool belt to go work on my basement and when I croutched down..... I couldn't. My tape measure cut into my stomach. That was the last straw!!!<br /><br />So I went on a diet. Then I was 210 lbs of pure lovable masculinity. Now I am 182. And still lovable. I want to get down to 170 so I look good in my tiny Speedo while boating. :eek: <br /><br />Now my wife is dieting too. If she loses 12 lbs she will be back to her pre-birthing weight and looking hot as ever.<br /><br />Isn't it funny how men can put on so much more weight than women and still look sexy? :D <br /><br />It's 170 or bust.

one more cast

Captain
Re: Got on the bathroom scale this morning.

I hear ya mark, I found my old Indian Motocycle belt buckle that I wore in the '80's, It is round and has a feather sticking out the top. I loved that buckle so I thought I'd wear it for awhile. Well I had it on for about 2 minutes and I had to take it back off because that dang feather was poking me in my belly. :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I thought that was going to be the first line of a blues song:<br /><br />"Got on the bathroom scale this morning<br />Couldn't believe what I see<br />I said I got on the bathroom scale this moanin<br />Just could not believe what I see<br />She ain't ever done me no wrong befo<br />Honey why you doin' this to me?"

one more cast

Captain

"Got on the bathroom scale this morning<br />Couldn't believe what I see<br />I said I got on the bathroom scale this moanin<br />Just could not believe what I see<br />She ain't ever done me no wrong befo<br />Honey why you doin' this to me?"<br /><br /> Daa daaaaa da daa<br /> Daa daaaaa da daa<br /><br />That ol dail kept a climbin'<br />I done told it to stop<br />But that dial didn't listen<br />Went all the way ta the stop.<br />so I hopped off those scales<br />and headed outta da door<br />I guess doe's bathroom scales<br />don't work any more.<br /> :cool:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Winter...another drawback, weight gain.

Link

Rear Admiral

Hmmmm I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.. I'm still trying to gain weight! Ugggg Not any easier to gain than it is to loose. But being under weight means you have no reserves to battle a simple cold. I'd gladly take your extra 20 lbs. Then we could both be healthy and happy. ;)

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Topic: Got on the bathroom scale this morning.<br /><br /><br />Ya shouldna done that.<br /><br /> ;) <br /><br />-dd-

ZmOz

Captain

I'm doing almost the exact same thing! I started at about 215 in August...now I'm about 185. Going for 175. Most of the weight disappeared just by going from 4-5 cans of Mountain Dew a day to 1. Hopefully my boat will go faster this year! :D

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Link, I got a 20 I'll give ya. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Mine always says, "One at a time please" :(

FSHKPR

Ensign

boy 215 sounda good to me. i havent been under 200 pounds since i was a junior in high school. right now i am about 265. but hey i carry it well. :D actually i would like lose about 30 pounds. i know i never will be under 200. and i really dont want to be. but 265 is alittle to much

crab bait

Captain

what ya's need is a good balanced diet..<br /><br />a beer in each hand..

rolmops

Vice Admiral

During the winter my gain came at no pain.About a month ago I decided to walk the sugar and fat free narrow path.So far from #245 down to #222 and counting.Being six foot small I would like to go back to roughly #190.

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

Link, I got about 30 ponds you can have. Now you're a Fata**!!!<br /><br />I recently hit the 200 pound mark and decided thats enough. At 6' 1" I wanna get to at least 170. <br /><br />Slowly getting the heart rate up now, been walking for about a month. I'm so out of shape I cant even exercise..