Got my new "investment" wet today!

Gpayne

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Had a great day on the lake! After working on it for more than a few weekends, I finally splashed the Sunbird! Sorry no pics from the water, the camera on the phone wasn't working today for some reason. Anyway, other than my brother-in-law falling in at the dock (hilarious, by the way!), taking three tries to line the boat up with the trailer, and getting slightly lost on the way back to the marina, things went well. She ran great, planed out great, topped out at 38 mph, and everything worked like it was supposed to. Luckily the weather held. Overcast most of the day, but no rain. Here's a couple pics from Saturday evening, ready to go out.

IMAG0214.jpgIMAG0215.jpgIMAG0216.jpgIMAG0218.jpg

P.S. We launched at Hunters Landing on Lake Anna in Mineral, Va. First trip to the lake and I gotta tell ya, I really liked the marina there. It's small, but it was quiet today, they had a nice store there, well stocked with decent prices, and a nice restaurant on the water.

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Got my new "investment" wet today!

nice .... hope she will play a part in helping you guys build many happy memories

Jim

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Got my new "investment" wet today!

I know it was a great feeling. Its a double good feeling because you know your skills made it happen and you are getting a "like new" boat for cheap...