Got interesting relatives?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
The guy teasing the croc is Mr Combs. My mothers grandfather on her moms side. From what I hear, he was the original Crocodile Hunter. Big outdoorsman, liked to travel and hunt. Don't know too much else about him. One of the few photos we have of him. <br />
Combs1.jpg

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Got interesting relatives?

Gotta admit those are unusual baskets. I like the top one. Reminds me of my early attemps at home wiring....

crab bait

Captain

my uncle lee.. what a trip.. he worked for a proto-type maker company.. he himself has got parts on the moon.. bar code would have been out along time ago.. but hung up on some parts.. he invented 'um.. he also invented the plug-in/car top unmarked police car flashing lite..<br /><br />he HAND MADE totally big barrel peep sight telescope .. even hand ground the lenses..<br /><br />he was a orphan.. 5th grade education.. was shanghigh'd/kidnapped an forced to work on an oyster boat at 13 on the chesapeake bay.. oneday he jumped overboard .. swam to shore .. hitch hiked to baltimore an join the merchant marines..<br /><br />served thru ww2.. got drafted in army ( korea ).. couldn't prove ( records lost ) of seaman's service .. had to serve army .. a BAR gunner the whole time..<br /><br />war ended.. he got his ownself home.. skippered a REAL chineses jumk to california which he lived out his life..<br /><br />he was my favorite uncle.. an the most unpredictable oddest broke-the-mold person/personality i ever encountered.. <br /> <br />never have i ever met a man like uncle lee..<br /><br />rest in piece you ole' sob...

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I let my last name(Wright), speak for itself. :cool:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

SBN,<br /><br />You mean as in the Bros at Kitty Hawk?

LubeDude

Admiral

Ya, I have very interesting relatives on the wifes side. I swear, I wouldnt give ya ten cents for the lot of them except her mother which I can tollerate. Talk about total disfunctional. Not a one of them can hold a check book, none of them have credit cards or credit for that matter. Most cant even have a phone there credit is so bad, so they have trac phones that usually dont have time on them. Kids in and out of jail. They do work, but own nothing. Need I say more?<br /><br />Oh, this isnt what ya ment.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

My "interesting" relatives are not famous, nor are great deeds the things that make them interesting.<br /><br />Probably the most "interesting" is my aunt Loraine. Great aunt, to be exact.<br /><br />Grandpa was working under the sink, he says to Grandma "Loretta, go to the hardware store and get me some plumbers tape."<br /><br />As Grandma fetches her keys and purse, Loraine, the only other person present, says "What?!? You can't leave me alone with him, I'm not wearing a bra!!!"<br /><br />Grandpa needed three stiches in his forehead.

eeboater

Commander

My great grandfather got the Key to Miami and has a painting of First-Lady Marie Eisenhower's hands in the white house.<br /><br />My grandmother was a TV Chef in Pittsburgh.<br /><br />My grandfather (who I never met unfortunately) directed the commercial that coined the term "I can't believe I ate the whole thing."<br /><br />My dad did the pioneering development of Voice Recognition systems for Philips-Magnavox. (Voice recognition is the stuff that you "talk to" and it does what you tell it."

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

Nothing to exciting here. Except That My Great Uncle Was a Scotty and now is a Susie and Lives In Russia and is a minister. Thank god that Im adopted and I can Say it not im my genes!!!

NYMINUTE

Captain

My granddaughter Kayla, she rescued a little girl in the swimming pool in Battle Creek this past summer. She is 10. She is my hero, I was there, and so very proud. :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

My many times great grandfather is Mr. John Gray... There was some question, but it's said that John Gray was the last surviving veteran of the revolutionary war...<br /><br />Born 6 January 1764, near Mount Vernon, Fairfax County, Virginia. Died 29 March 1868, near Hiramsburg, Noble County, Ohio at 104 years, 2 months, 23 days. "The last of Washington's companions. <br /><br />He is buried at McElroy Family Cemetery, Brookfield Township, Noble County, Ohio.<br /><br />There is a memorial To him in Nobel county Ohio....

D

DJ

The very first doctor in the USA (the colonies, at that time) was the person that started my mothers side of the family here.

Bondo

Staff member

Got interesting relatives?
Nauh,....... I Don't................<br /><br />But,.............<br /><br />All of My relatives have 1...................... :D

FLATHEAD

Captain

Yall know I like them motor scooters. I guess I got it from my great great great great great grandpappy.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.
newbike.bmp

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

"Buffalo" Bill Cody<br />1846-1917

squidlips 2

Cadet

my father was the diver in the jim suit that roger moore blew up in the 007 film for your eyes only.<br />he was a director of oceaneering at the time thats how he got the job.his name doesnt appear in the credits just oceaneerings name

Kiwi Phil

Commander

My wifes has a few interesting characters.<br /><br />1. an uncle use to design cars in clay for car manufacturers. He could tell you what the next model Rolls was going to be in X yrs, even told me once what some US car was going to be. Worked in Belgium<br /><br />2. Another Uncle flew a Mosquito (like a Lightening) photo recon over Nagasaki just after the Bomb - up and down, up and down. Told me a bit about it.<br /><br />2. Her Grandfather takes the cake. Lost his arm below shoulder in WW1 (Western Front), survived, returned home and bought a 2,000 acre sheep station in Canterbury. Very sucessful farmer. Had his own workshop and made most implements. In WW2 was a Coy Capt in a Reserve Unit. Had to give up the Pipes so became a Drummer. Chairman of a Port Authority, and a Councilor. Dosn't happen like that these days. Straight on to TPI.<br /><br />Cheers<br />Phillip